Registering ECTs for 2022/23 & Fees
Schools are now required to register their ECT with the following:
- DfE Online Service - all schools are required to provide information regarding their Induction Tutor(s), Mentor(s) and ECT(s) as well as the chosen ECF-based training programme the school will be using. The DfE Online Service can be accessed via https://manage-training-for-early-career-teachers.education.gov.uk/ (if you have any problems in accessing the service please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Appropriate Body - all schools are required to register with an Appropriate Body in order for statutory induction to be recognised with the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA). Information on how to register with Astra Appropriate Body is below
ECF Lead Provider - this is only required for schools choosing to use a DfE-funded training programme delivered by a Lead Provider. Schools opting to use DfE-accredited materials to deliver their own ECF-based training programme or designing and delivering their own ECF-based training programme do not need to register with a Lead Provider. Further information on accessing the DfE-funded training programme through Astra Teaching School Hub is here
If you would like to register your ECT with the Astra Appropriate Body, please complete the form below. Once completed, we will be in touch to provide guidance on next steps to ensure that your ECT is fully registered and able to begin their induction.
If you have any questions, please contact Paula Casey (email@example.com) for more information.
Registration Deadline Dates
In most circumstances Astra Appropriate Body will commence induction for an ECT from the beginning of an academic term, schools are advised to contact Astra for guidance regarding mid-term starters. Schools must register by the following dates to ensure induction can commence promptly:
For September 2022 start: 9th September 2022
For January 2023 start: 13th January 2023
For April 2023 start: 21st April 2023
Charges are based on the number of ECTs at a school and the size of a school. The initial charge is non-refundable and payable in advance of the induction period starting.
Maintained School, Academy or Free Schools:
- Core Price: £225 per ECT per year of induction
- Small School Discount (schools with 300 pupils or less): £195 per ECT per year of induction
- High ECT Discount (schools with 4 or more ECT’s at the start of the year): £195 per ECT per year of induction
- Core Price: £330 per ECT per year of induction
Additional face-to-face support and guidance:
- Half Day (up to 3.25 hours) £200
- Full Day (up to 6.5 hours) £400
or £65 per hour with minimum charge of £200
ECF Fidelity Checks:
Charges for ECF fidelity checks will be applied to schools not on the DfE-funded training programme route (Option 1).
Fidelity check for Option 2 £800 per school
Fidelity check for Option 3 £1200 per school