NPQs are a set of prestigious professional qualifications, already widely recognised by the sector. They are voluntary and are designed to support the professional development of teachers and school leaders at all levels, across primary and secondary schools. Three existing NPQs in Senior Leadership, Headship and Executive Leadership have been reformed to ensure they are underpinned by the latest and best evidence, and reflect the new Headteachers’ Standards. The NPQ in Middle Leadership has been replaced with three new NPQs for teachers and school leaders who want to broaden and deepen their expertise in specialist areas.
If you are interested in completing one or more of the NPQs, please complete the online application form on the Outstanding Leaders Partnership website, linked here.
Please note, you will be required to register a profile first before completing the application form itself. This will enable you to save and return to your application later. When completing the registration form, under the 'Engagement Route' applicants will be asked to identify whether they are applying through a delivery partner via a drop down menu. Please select Astra Teaching School Hub when prompted.
Having completed this application form, you will be directed to complete a DfE registration process. A useful guide on how to complete the DfE registration can be found in the documents section below.
The deadline for applications is 12th September 2021.
For further information about NPQ funding for each of the NPQs available, please see the documents section below.
The NPQs comprise the:
• National Professional Qualification for Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD) – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school. They may have responsibilities for the development of all teachers across a school or specifically trainees or teachers who are early in their career.
• National Professional Qualification for Leading Behaviour and Culture (NPQLBC) – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school.
• National Professional Qualification for Leading Teaching (NPQLT) – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage or phase.
• National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities.
• National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
• National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership (NPQEL) – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, an executive headteacher or have a school trust CEO role with responsibility for leading several schools.