- Appropriate Body
Registering ECTs for 2021/22 & Fees
From September 2021, schools are now required to register their ECT with the following:
- DfE Portal - all schools are required to provide information regarding the Induction Tutor(s), Mentor(s) and ECT(s) at the school. The DfE portal can be accessed via https://manage-training-for-early-career-teachers.education.gov.uk/
- Appropriate Body - all schools are required to register with an Appropriate Body in order for statutory induction to be recognised with the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA). Information on how to register with Astra Appropriate Body is below
- ECF Lead Provider - this is only required for schools choosing to follow the Full Induction Programme delivered by a Lead Provider. Schools opting for a Core Induction Programme or School Based Induction Programme do not need to register with a Lead Provider. Further information on accessing the Full Induction Programme through Astra is here
If you would like to register your ECT with the Astra Appropriate Body, please complete the form below. Once completed, we will be in touch to provide guidance on next steps to ensure that your ECT is fully registered and able to begin their induction. Registration deadline dates can be found here
If you have any questions, please contact Paula Casey (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Charges are based on the number of ECTs at a school and the size of a school. The initial charge is non-refundable and payable in advance of the induction period starting and includes, if required, one free half day visit from the Appropriate Body to the school.
Maintained School, Academy or Free Schools:
- Core Price: £200 per ECT per year of induction
- Small School Discount (schools with 300 pupils or less): £180 per ECT per year of induction
- High ECT Discount (schools with 4 or more ECT’s at the start of the year): £160 per ECT per year of induction
- Core Price: £300 per ECT per year of induction
Additional face-to-face support and guidance:
- Half Day (up to 3.25 hours) £200
- Full Day (up to 6.5 hours) £400
or £65 per hour with minimum charge of £200
ECF Fidelity Checks:
Charges for ECF fidelity checks will be applied to schools not on the Full Induction Programme route.
Fidelity check for Core Induction Programme £350 per school
Fidelity check for School Based Induction Programme £700 per school